Tuesday, October 22, 2013

what fall should be

We went to Curry Farm again this year for our pumpkin patch trip.  I want to tell you something.  I do believe that this little farm may be the happiest place on Earth.  I know Disneyworld usually takes that spot; but I think the world is wrong on this and let me tell you why.  At Curry Farms, the people are friendly.  And happy.  And there are hay bales with happy faces on them.  And little goats that stand on the roof of their little goat house and smile at you.  And there is a pillow you can bounce on, a corn maze the shape of Abraham Lincoln's head, and cute misshaped pumpkins of all shapes and sizes that are actually in a real live pumpkin patch.  And when you go, no one is rushing you or herding you from one station to the next.  You just go, and enjoy and relax.  It is EXACTLY what a pumpkin patch should be.  Here in the south, so many of our fall experiences are contrived and somewhat of a sad attempt of what it should be. But at Curry Farm, it actually FEELS like fall, even when the weather is warm.  It's quite lovely.  I wish I would have taken some more pictures, but I was too busy playing to do so....maybe I should come back without the kids;0.




No comments: