Friday, September 20, 2013

Run

This will be me the next race I am doing.  I am struggling to keep a slow pace much less anything that doesn't qualify me as a race walker. But hopefully there will be doughnuts at the finish line.  
Seriously, in all the craziness this summer of packing and moving and unpacking and getting ready for homeschooling, I let this area of my life slide.  I managed to run several times a week all summer, but my miles were so low that I barely feel okay with saying I ran any at all.  I have started to work on that though because things are slowing down and I am ready to get reacquainted with long runs and GU and foam rollers and ice baths again. I haven't forgetten how much I love it.  In fact, next week I start training for marathon #2. I am doing the New Orleans Rock and Roll again because I am a creature of habit.  If I liked it once, I am sure to like it again:).  And it just fits in my timetable.  All my long runs will be in the winterish months.  And really, that's the leading factor in that decision.  I know running in the heat makes for a stronger runner.  But come on.  

Anyway, just a little post about running.   I love it. I miss it.  And now I am ready to get back out there WHOLE heartedly.  

No comments: