Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Legacy

So we had to name our school when we declared our intent to homeschool with the state.  We tossed around several names but eventually landed on Legacy Academy.  I just kept thinking of what was important for my children to learn....what was going to be the take away from all this in 12/14 years.  Sure, I want them to be well rounded, well read, well educated.  I want them to love learning.  I want nothing to satiate their hunger for knowledge.  But really.  If I could only list one reason, it would be to fulfill their ministry.  I want them to walk in Christ, to continue the legacy set forth since the beginning.  I feel so blessed and so EXCITED that I will have opportunity after opportunity to teach them about these things.  I love that I will have so many teachable moments with them everyday.  Psalm 78:4 says, "we will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of The Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done."

No comments: