Tuesday, October 27, 2009

duh

So, apparently, Disney is offering refunds to parents who bought "Baby Einstein" videos (read here) because, as it turns out, these videos featuring spinning toys, bright colors and geometric shapes, does not turn your baby into a genius.

I will be the first to admit that Adler watched some tv before he was two, maybe a few einstein videos, but I did not fool myself into thinking it was making Adler a smarter baby- it was for entertainment for him...and admittedly, a few minutes to fold clothes or get dinner started, or thumb through a magazine for me. I think its a pretty bad move on disney's part to even offer refunds. Almost every toy out there boasts some sort of learning experience and I am willing to bet that most of it isn't true. The truth is that at such a young age, most learning experiences come from interaction with parents or other caregivers. But hey, if they are willing to give the refunds, I am sure there are parents willing to take it!

No comments: