Friday, June 19, 2009

So, maybe a little longer won't hurt

It turns out Adler has strep throat and has also developed a particulary nasty cold. So, little girl, if you want to wait a bit until he gets better, that would be okay with me. Pray that he gets well soon and that none of the rest of us gets sick right now. I guess this is only the beginning of inconvenient illnesses though!

Other than that, things are good. I went to my doc yesterday and am 4 cm dialated. I believe I requested an epidural at this point with Adler. So I am wondering if I could go ahead and get mine now. Still have things to do this weekend, so anytime next week or the next would be good.

I have to add too that a lot of people I know are going to the beach this week and I am insanely jealous. I mean, jealous in a way that's just un-Christian like. So I guess we need to put me on the prayer list as well.

Okay, news is short, and I need to go mop and vaccum. (and no, this is not nesting. I wish I had the urge to scrub my bathroom floors with a toothbrush, but that is so far from what I feel like doing, its ridiculous.)

3 comments:

Wilson said...

Hang in there. I hope Ad gets better soon. I was exactly in your shoes this time last year...everyone was going to the beach and on vacation and I was on bed rest and then stuck at home with a newborn. Just think..next year, you can ship your two off and go on a cruise also! :)

Nanny White said...

Hang in there, kid. Better days are coming. I love you, darling. I'm praying for you for safe delivery and for Adler to get well and for you and Eric to stay well. I'm having a great time at your Aunt Vickie's. You wouldn't believe your Nanny in a swimming pool. Keena likes swimming, too, or she did one time. She probably won't bark when we go to the pool again, tho. I love you, darling. Bye bye.

aunt vickie said...

We love you, sweet pea, and are praying for all of you. I'm so sorry Adler is sick, bless his sweet little heart. I so much wish I lived close enough to be there and help you out, and just sit and rock him. Praying, praying, praying... p.s. wish you were here at my house... you could get in the pool and pretend you were at the beach...