Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh sleep, how I miss you

Adler spent his first night in his twin sized bed last night. Really, it resembles a really big crib because we put bed rails on both sides and the end of the bed. Maybe a little over-protective, but his bed does sit up really high and we have hardwood floors too. Anyway, he went down at 8 and slept to 1 without a peep. I went to check on him once and he was snuggled all the way up against one of the bed rails, just like he did in his crib. Anyway, after 1, it was downhill. He woke up every 30 minutes to an hour. He wasn't crying to get out of his bed, but I guess he just woke up in an unfamiliar place and needed a 10 minute reassurance each time. And then of course, being pregnant, by the time I got back to bed, I would have to go the bathroom, and then the baby would wake up and want to play for 20 minutes, and then Adler would wake up again. The cycle repeated itself until about 5:30 this morning when he finally fell into a deep sleep until 8. I am hoping tonight is a little easier. I am feeling confident that it will be. Even though this isn't the easiest process, I am feeling much better that we are doing it now. I was starting to get anxious as we approach my due date to get this done.


Now I am realizing how spoiled I have become about my sleep. Its going to be quite a transition getting up every 2 hours again!



So, I know I am a few days late on talking about what's been going on in the news, but a few things caught my eye recently.
Let me just say Ex-Governor Blagojevich, really? A Survivor like reality show called, "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" Do you think that will boost your credibility? Or maybe the fact that you requested your campaign funds, money that has already been called into question, to be used to help with your lawyer fees will help matters for you. (And I am sorry, but I had to include the picture that New York Daily News featured- they were wrong for that!)


And then there is Miss California's answer to the interview question asked by Perez Hilton on gay marriage. She answered, in a less than eloquent way, that she didn't believe in gay marriage. Since then, she has been the source of much spurning as result. After the show, apparently, there were fights and riots over it. The guy who runs Miss California said he was hurt and saddened by her answer, as that doesn't reflect the opinions of a Miss California winner. Just wait a minute, WHAT? Why even ask a personal, moral question like this if you didn't want an honest, personal answer? And since when does a beauty contestant's answers need to reflect the opinions of the politically correct majority instead of her own? It is she that is competing, right? I just find this whole thing completely absurd. I can't believe its even being called a scandal.

3 comments:

Mom Sandi said...

TRY GIVING HIM A CUP OF MILK WHEN HE WAKES UP THE 1ST TIME AND THIS MAY HELP HIM SLEEP REST OF THE NIGHT. DON'T WORRY HE WILL BE SLEEPING ALL NIGHT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

Wilson said...

Just hang in there...you'll be over the hump soon and he'll be sleeping all night in his big boy bed.

aunt vickie said...

I am so with you on the Miss California issue... I was watching that night, and was so proud of her, especially after having listened to some of the other girls NOT answer their questions because they were afraid to be honest, whatever that meant for them... i'd listen and tell the dogs, "She didn't answer the question..." and they'd look at me like, well, like they do... and then along comes Miss California and actually, honestly answers a question... yep... I'm with you all the way on that one... why ask if you don't want to know the answer...