Monday, March 30, 2009

Home Projects- What NOT to do

So, I feel like I am running out of time to do things before this baby gets here (I'm almost 28 weeks now!) so this weekend, I decided to finally start clearing out the playroom so it can start looking like a nursery. The first thing on the agenda was to take everything off the walls. When Ad was a wee one, I found these adorable alphabet cards from The Land of Nod and used them as a border along the top of the wall. And then I found some cute little color cards that I also put on the wall. I don't regret putting them on the wall because we used them all the time; however, I regret my method for putting them on the wall. I couldn't get them to stick using traditional methods, so I, being the genious I am, decided to use the heavy duty double sided tape to do the job. And it worked really really well. They didn't budge for 2 years. And now I realize why Eric was so upset when he found out I had used it in the first place. Our little nursery now has holes in the walls where the tape pulled off the sheetrock! And what is worse, is that when I discovered it was doing this, I kept doing it. I don't know why; I just assumed that there was no way around it. I didn't realize "they" made something out there that could prevent it from tearing the sheetrock. So now we are looking at major repair work (meaning, shelling more $$$ out) and delayed progress on getting things ready for baby. I am so aggravated with myself!

Does anyone out there know how to repair sheetrock?

As a side note, I really need to watch what I say. Adler was in the room with me when I was doing it and after I pulled the first chunk of sheetrock off the wall, I exclaimed, "Oh Daddy is going to kill Momma for this one." So what did Ad say the rest of the day but "Daddy kill Momma" over and over. He alternated that with "Daddy kill Adler?" and "Momma kill Adler?"

6 comments:

Wilson said...

Ouch! That stinks. Boy, do I know all about kids repeating things. I tend to say, "Oh Gosh" a lot and Addison is hysterical because she says "Oh Gosh" for no reason at all and it sounds so funny coming out of her mouth. But, hey, if that's the worst thing she repeats...

aunt vickie said...

The wall's probably won't be as expensive to repair as you think... you need drywall tape and drywall compound... call me... I have been there, done that, and repaired it myself... lol...

Laura Sue said...

yeah we can help you with that too. will be annoying to do but shouldn't be too pricey. i'll call you.

hilarious about adler!!

Sandi said...

James hung and repair sheetrock while working his way through college so he can help you too. Well at least supervise Eric. lol

B. White said...

hahahaha, i needed a good laugh this morning! i love it!! Adler is a mess..May 1-4 I'm coming home!! Can't wait to see you!

Melissa said...

he is so smart and listens to everything....that is funny!