Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mommy Break

Momma is in need of a break, seriously. It has been too long. Shortly after Adler's birth, I started going back to work one day a week, to the job I quit before Adler was born. They needed a bit of help and I needed a little bit of sanity check. It was a nice situation for both of us! 2 years later and I am still doing this 2 days a week. At first, it was just the break I needed away from the house, but I guess I have gotten greedy or something over the last 2 years. I am more exhausted when I come home from work than ever. I honestly don't know HOW full time working moms do it. I wouldn't be able to function by Friday! Anyway, I chose to work on Mondays and Wednesdays because Ad is in preschool those days anyway. My mom or E's mom watches him on those afternoons while I work. That means on Fridays, I get a whole 3 hours to myself while he is in school! Its wonderful! But for the past 4 Fridays, we haven't been in school, so there goes my 3 hours. On top of that, 3 hours at the house is different than an evening AWAY from the house cleaning, bill paying and general errand that are run during that time.

I need an honest to goodness evening escape. Movie and dinner (Moe's!). We are trying to work that out for this weekend. I think it would do a world of good for both me and E.

Adler got his antibiotics delivered yesterday and we started them last night. I thought it would just be a syringe of the antibiotics, but its the regular drip drip, 45 minute long kind. Good luck to me trying to get a 2 year old still for 45 minutes! Luckily, he is sort of used to it from the breathing treatments, so hopefully it won't be too bad! So we have to do it for 14 days and then that PIC line is coming out, thank goodness.

Well, that's all on this end.

3 comments:

Wilson said...

Poor baby and poor mom. I hope the PIC line adventure isn't too bad. Hope you get some time away this weekend. I know all about needing some time. I am about two seconds away from a nervous breakdown because of work these days.

Anonymous said...

(((((((hugs)))))))) You guys are ever in our prayers... with extra ones headed your way since Adler's surgery. You and Eric need to have a date night every week, honey girl, because one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is for them to feel secure that Mommy and Daddy love one another... and one of the greatest gifts you can give each other is time alone with each other... if you can't find a sitter at least one night each week, then plan a "date" for after Adler goes to bed on Friday or Saturday, you get all dressed up... have E come knocking at the bedroom door to pick you up, and y'all go to the movies, or go play pool, have a picnic in the living room... something... yeah, I know... actually going out is best... I sure wish I lived close enough to come babysit for you...

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun! :)