Monday, January 26, 2009

Ahhh, refreshed!

I am coming into this week with a whole new outlook on life. Life is good once again. E's mom and dad kept Adler Saturday night while E and I went to the movies and dinner. It was so nice to have some time away from the house, without having to chase a toddler around or gulping down dinner in 2 bites. It was also nice to sleep late Sunday morning and enjoy a few hours of peace before getting him back. I realized that the last time E and I have had the evening to ourselves was February of last year! It was overdue! Thanks, mom and dad, not just for Saturday night, but for all you do. I don't know how we would manage our sanity without your help.

We did miss Adler though and were happy to get him back. I told E Saturday night that I was missing checking on him before I went to sleep. He is always his sweetest when he is sleeping!

I am 19 weeks pregnant now. I googled the size of the baby and read that she is the size of an heirloom tomato. A what? That's a random comparison. So I searched again and came up with a six inch subway sandwich. Now that, I can relate too! (in fact, that's what I had for lunch today!) I have to confess that I have bought a few little girl outfits. Its too hard to resist. My brother and sister in law came over a few weeks ago with some sweet little outfits too. I have another ultrasound on Thursday so hopefully I will get enough assurance at this one to cut the tags! I am getting used to the idea of having a girl, and I have to admit, its sort of fun browsing the Internet for pink. I have a feeling this baby is going to be quite different from Adler, whether it be a boy or a girl. I don't know if fetal movement is any indication of their temperament outside the womb, but this little one moves around constantly all day and night. I don't remember Adler being this active at 18-19 weeks gestation. We may have a fiesty one n our hands!

Ad gets his pic line out a week from today- woohoo! It really hasn't been that difficult to deal with; I am just ready for this ordeal to be over with. I know this is sort of too much info for some of you, but for those who have gone through adenoids/tubes put in, you may could help. I was told that he would have terrible breath from the adenoid surgery and that his ears would leak fluid for a few days. Neither has happened and it has been a week and a half since his surgery. I guess it could be due to the PIC antibiotics he is on, but it concerns me that the nasty fluid is still in his ears and the incisions where his adenoids were cut out have not started healing yet. Maybe we are just lucky to avoid these side affects. Anyone else not have these things happen?


Melissa Rouse said...

It was great to see Adler at church Sunday with Mrs. Sandy! Glad ya'll had a much needed and well deserved break!

Aunt Dianna said...

Just now catching up on your blog. Don't let fetal movement of that baby girl fool you! Laura moved 24/7, so much so that I thought she was twins! I thought, No ONE child can move this much! know my Laura....need I say more?