Monday, April 21, 2008

Sick- this post title is getting OLD

I think I will just start posting when Adler is well rather than when he's sick as sick is the norm around here. Its just a cold, but a NASTY one. He looks like he has two black eyes! Anyway, he's a trooper though, and he has learned to sleep and play through colds so its not as bad as when he was a little baby.

Other than that, we had a good weekend. My cousin came over to visit Thursday night. We had to satisfy "her" chinese craving and went to eat at 8:30 at night (gasp!). I love going to eat with pregnant people because I never feel bad for eating a bunch- I have to in order not to make them feel bad for eating- its the least I can do! Anyway, we had a great time and it was so good to spend time with her.

Friday night Eric played video games all night so I watched Atonement. If you remember I did not like the book at all. I have to say though, the movie was really good. The angles the film was shot in, the colors and imagery were all so beautiful. Even the soundtrack was clever. And I am completely ashamed to admit this, but I got something in the movie that I totally missed in the book, a big important something. I guess my eyes had blurred over that part in the book.

I am typically one of those people who is a total book snob when it comes to the movie version. I can think of only one movie that was better than its book, "Mona Lisa's Smile", and truthfully, I didn't like either one. But for me, "Atonement" made a much better movie.

Saturday, Eric woke up with Adler and I got to sleep in until 9:30!!! Oh, and I got breakfast in bed. And it gets better. When I did get up, I found that my laundry room, which is eternally cluttered and messy, was clean! Fab!

Adler and I went with my mom in law to the flea market- it was a beautiful day and we had a great time. By early afternoon though, Ad was feeling pretty gross so we went home and took naps. That night, we went to eat with family and came home and watched another movie- The Dewey Cox movie- which was terrible.

We skipped church on Sunday because Ad was feeling bad and ended up watching ANOTHER movie that night- Sweeney Todd- another must miss movie. I didn't realize it was a musical and I definently need to be in the mood for musicals.

SO, that's our weekend in a nutshell. It was a good one!

No comments: