Thursday, March 13, 2008

Grrrrrr

So, I found out today that our morgage is going up $110 a month. Apparently, our house was re-assessed and valued higher than on file, so our property taxes are off the charts now. On top of that, our home insurance policy had a dramatic rate increase.

I am pretty aggravated right now. Everything is costing so much money these days. It is almost impossible to live in America anymore on one income. At the rate we are going, not only will I need to find a job, but I am going to have to get some baby modeling and acting gigs for Adler too.

Disgusted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, honey... I'm so sorry. Try writing a letter to the tax office appealing the increase in value. My old boss used to do that every time they increased his, and more often than not they backed down. It's worth a try.

Ashley said...

its sort of a catch 22 though, because I don't want to pay the extra taxes, but if I get them to re-assess and possibly determine a lower value, I am in effect lowering the value of my home. We may be selling in the next year, and I don't want to mess up anything with that.