Wednesday, March 12, 2008

50 things about me

I took this from one of my sister's blog links, Verbing Nouns.

1. What bill do you dislike paying the most? I have always hated paying the phone bill because we rarely use our home phone and the phone company always tacks on a ton of “fees” and “surcharges” that make no sense to me. We got rid of that though, so I guess it would be those pesky student loans.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?Outback Steakhouse. Any place these days, whether it be at home or out, where I get to use two hands to eat and don’t have to inhale my entire steak in 2 seconds is romantic.
3. Do you regret your first kiss?Yes.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be ?I would have tried hard in highschool and early college to get good grades so I could have gotten scholarships. (see #1!)
5. Name of your first grade teacher?Mrs. Sullivan
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?shopping or working out at the gym
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?A teacher.
8. How many colleges did you attend?3- Hinds Community College, Jones Junior College and Belhaven College
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?Truthfully, its one of the few shirts I own that fit right.
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?They're high - but what's the use in complaining. What’s more shocking is that the cost of a gallon of milk is higher than gas right now.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?Maybe the mountains, near a beautiful rapid like river- my husband and son of course!
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?well, my alarm is my son Adler, and well, I don’t think much that early in the morning!
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I wonder what time my alarm will wake me in the morning.
14. Do you miss being a child?sometimes, but I would rather be right where I am, maybe take away a few years though.
16. What errand/chore do you despise?the floors, for sure, oh, and putting away laundry.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?well, if I wasn’t taking care of Adler during the day, I definitely would. I always wanted to rock babies in the hospital nursery.
18. Get up early or sleep-in?I would have used to say get up early, that was before I still was able to sleep in late if I chose too. Now that I have no choice but to get up early, I would DEFINENTLY like to sleep in, at least until 8.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?gosh, I like the backyardigans- there, I said it.
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?Go out to a nice restaurant with Eric
Go out for drinks with the girls.
21. Have you found real love yet?Absolutely.
22. When did you start feeling old?the first time I said, “Back when I was your age…”
No, I really actually don’t feel old yet. 29 is still “in your 20’s”
24. Your favorite lunch meat?Oven Roasted Turkey
25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?diapers
26. Ocean or lake?Ocean
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?no
28. Do you own real estate?yes
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?original Coca Cola
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?Well, I am not really embarrassed by any movie, but I guess if I had to choose it would be Clueless.
31. What's your drink?Pinot Noir
32. Cowboys or Indians?Cowboys
33. Cops or Robbers?cops
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?Maggie Davis
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?the local pop station, Y101
36. Norm or Cliff?I guess Cliff - not really sure though.
37. Grey's Anatomy or 'The Office?Grey’s Anatomy
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?I was careless with someone’s heart, as he put it. I learned a lot from that relationship.
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?I guess- I really don’t work here enough to form opinions.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?Georgie Peorgie Clooney
41. Indoors or Outdoors?Outdoors - as long as it is pretty and there are no mosquitos and I have a good book.
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?yes
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?yes, I am sort of hazardous in the kitchen.
44. Last book you read?My Antonia, by Willa Cather.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?No
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?I guess driving down the road in my car
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?Well, I've never been to California - so I'd like to go to a lot of it.
48. Do you go to church?yes, the same church I grew up in
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?I wouldn’t mind starting a new career once my children are in grade school
50. How long have you been out of school?I finished my Bachelor's degree in May of '06, so not long!

No comments: