Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The latest

Not much news on this end, just checking in. We had a nice weekend, went to the park and to my brother's wife's baby shower. We spent a lot of time outdoors, because Adler could spend all day outside if we would let him. We watched "Gone Baby Gone" pretty good- there's just not much selection at blockbuster at all these days. I think the problem is that we do the blockbuster.com thing so we see everything. It means we run out of the good ones fast.
Anyway, I finished up a book about Amish people, the 4th in a series by Beverly Lewis called "The Prodigal". I am a little obsessed with the Amish, so I enjoyed it. It just is beyond my comprehension that there are people out there that still read by candlelight, go to quilting bees, and use outhouses right here in America. So, now I am reading a book by Jodi Picoult called "Second Glance". Its a ghost story and is beautifully written. I am really enjoying it thus far. The only problem is that the only real time I have to read it is right before bed, so I have had a bit of a hard time getting to sleep.

No comments: