Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Still waiting....

This morning I went for a run and was greeted with the most glorious sunrise mid-run. I love running in the early morning- everything feels so new and unspoiled and, well, so touched by God's hand.
And now I am sitting here looking out the window at the gentle wind blowing the trees and thinking that this hurricane is taking its sweet time to bring us all the rain everyone is predicting.  We have two days off from school due to Issac and I planned on getting lots done around the house.  So far, the only thing I have done is take the kids to the park and play "Man v. Wild" in the backyard with them.  But what I should be doing now since they are napping is cleaning, packing for our little camping trip (to Hattiesburg- so who knows if we will actually be doing that now), and working on lesson plans for September.  But the breeze is lulling me towards this half awake, half asleep state and I can't make myself get up!  There is always tomorrow:).
Prayers for all my friends and family on the coast and everyone else affected!



No comments: