Saturday, June 26, 2010

The party- details only few really want to see

So we had Hazel's birthday party today.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know our household had a ton of fun.  And I had almost as much fun planning this party.  The girl in me loves giving parties!  Anyway, I went with an orange and pink Sweet Shoppe theme.  And was it ever orange, pink and sweet!  We had a candy buffet that was the source of quite a few grumbles and stink eyes from the parents, a jumpy balloon that showed me how old I really was and lots of family to help celebrate little Hazel turning one.  I am going to post a few pictures of the decorations just for funsies.  And I will get back on later and post some from the actual party.  I also wanted to say thanks to Aunt Janet for making those lovely paper flowers for me!



um, the front door!








cupcakes were made by a sweet lady at my church who made our wedding cake too (thanks Mrs. Kay!).  We also had candy sprinkled pretzels and fruit,  The cupcake toppers were made by Amy's Party Couture on Etsy.
so this may not be the most interesting one, but lookie loo- my drinks coordinate with the party colors!

the candy buffet- my favorite!  I also included snapshots of Z throughout the house
gumdrops from paper lanterns and lollipops from styrofoam and dowels
I made this one for the front door
favors were baby food jars of skittles with z's picture on them (from zazzle) and toothbrushes. 


close shot of the favors


2 comments:

Laura Sue said...

Wow, this turned out super cute!! Wish we could have been there. You should be an event planner!

Wilson said...

Looks like a fun party. Glad she had a great one!