Monday, January 11, 2010

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name"


So, this Bible. Wow! I first heard about it from my sister, read some of her's, and then did a little research before getting one myself. I am so glad I did! Every single time I have read from it to Adler, I have learned something and been moved by it. It not only tells a story, but tells the importance of that story. Some of it is above Adler's head now, but it opens up windows of opportunity for me to talk with him about things, and also opens up his little heart to the message of Christ.

The author, Sally Lloyd Jones, said this of the book:

"As a child, I thought the Bible was packed with rules you had to keep (or God wouldn’t love you) and heroes setting examples you had to follow (or God wouldn’t love you). I thought, in short, that the Bible was all about me and what I should (or shouldn’t) be doing. Until I read a Story.
It’s the Story running like a golden stream underneath all the other stories in the Bible: the story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them. Suddenly, I realized the Bible wasn’t about me and what I should be doing at all. It was about God and what he had done. And it changed everything."


So that's the premise of this children's bible. Every story, everything that happened in the Bible, and everything that has happened since then, is all about Jesus, and what He did for us. What a powerful message!

If you want to read more from Lloyd-Jones' interview, you can find it here. And to go to the actual book's website, click here.

No comments: