Monday, November 30, 2009

An update

Thanksgiving was fantastic- we have so much to be thankful for this year! I ate entirely too much, still working on it actually. The kids stayed semi-well, only colds, which was great as it seems someone is always sick on a holiday. E and I went shopping all day Saturday- so nice to get out of the house and enjoy each other's company for a whole day. It was so nice to be able to spend quality time with all of my family too. And that, my friends, is my version of an update!!

So, I am dealing with some issues with the kids right now and am reaching out to my neeps (internet peeps, duh.) for some suggestions.

Okay- Hazel first. The girl WILL NOT take a bottle anymore. She was fine up until about 3 months and I noticed she would not take but an ounce or so in the nursery or if she was with her grandparents or something. And then for the past month or so, she won't take it at all; she will just chew on it. Its not a huge deal because she only needs a bottle when she isn't with me and she is usually always with me. Saturday was the first day she was away from me all day and E's mom had to feed her milk with a spoon. It worked well, but is tedious! SO- any suggestions? And are there any moms who are ebf that are able to use a specific bottle with their babies? Adler didn't care how he got it as long as he got it; so this problem is new to me!

Okay, now Adler. The boy WILL NOT tell me when he has to go to the bathroom. I finally sucked it up and stuck him in underwear for public wear too this last week. He stayed in underwear all week wherever we went. There were lots of accidents, but he also went in the bathroom a lot too. He does well as long as I remember to take him every hour or so. He just won't tell me if he needs to go; he'll just go in his pants. I know he knows, because he can start and stop himself and he does take initiative every once in awhile. So, how do you get a kid to start telling you? I don't think it is right to send him to preschool in underwear until he starts telling me he has to go. Arg! Suggestions?

No comments: