Tuesday, November 24, 2009

backtracking

I know there is no such thing as backtracking in real life, but as you noticed, I deleted a few recent posts out of respect for my family. Maybe I didn't get across what I was trying to get across in that post, and I really did want to get the point of that blog post out. Maybe I just went about it the wrong way.

I guess what I mean to say is that most of us, at one time or another, have been disappointed or hurt to the point where it seemed like things seemed hopeless. Or maybe it isn't a person we feel disappointed in, but a situation in which we feel hopeless. My thought is this- we can't allow ourselves to place our hope in man. We are flawed. We WILL disappoint, all of us will. We WILL let others down; its what we do. Instead, our hope should always lie in God. He alone has the power to change a person, a situation, or whatever it is that feels hopeless. If we can believe that, then there is nothing that is impossible, nothing that God can't do! And I don't have to be the kind of person who gives up on people, because I believe in a God who can change things in a second. And that is the message I was trying to get across, one of HOPE. God forgives us; He heals and changes us when we can't do it ourselves. For that reason, we can always, always believe that a person can change and be better- hope for the hopeless, isn't that how that goes?

So, I wish that I would have posted it like this before- maybe it would not have sounded harsh, as it was not intended at all to be. I am just so thankful that I believe in a God who will always love me, forgive and change me constantly.

1 comment:

Inwondermom said...

My daughter! For you, I am thankful this day and always. I love you.