Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Notes

Is it just me, or are the strawberries starting to look downright plump and delicious these days? Mmmm.

I bought Adler, gasp, a baby doll yesterday. I wanted him to get used to be gentle with a baby. He promptly named her "baby sister" and started singing Jingle Bells to soothe her. Then he threw her on the ground, stomped on her head and told me he was ready to go outside.

Someone at the eye place I visited the other day asked me if I was the lady who had just called and mentioned she was going have her baby the next day by induction. Um, no, do I LOOK like I am 40 weeks pregnant? Don't answer that!

Happy birthday to my best friend and cousin, Laura! I hope that today you get down and dirty for your big 30! I can't believe the days of crying over tying our shoes and playing some mad games of hot and cold are gone but I am so excited that we are entering into the next phase of our life (adulthood, already????) together. Notice I say entering, because I don't think you really get there until you are at least 40, right?

Well, that's all I have today; news is short.

2 comments:

aunt vickie said...

Yes'm... the strawberries are scrumptious... cut 'em up, put 'em in a bowl, sprinkle sugar on 'em, wait a little while and then pour milk over 'em and eat 'em... yummie...

And no, ma'am, you don't look 40 weeks pregnant... but you do look mighty pretty... I always thought, and still do, that pregnant women are the most beautiful women in the world...

And, lol, Adler will be okay... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to laugh... but the picture you painted is so funny and not funny at the same time... I just bet he's going to be absolutely devoted to her...

love you, darlin' girl...

Ministry Happens in Ukraine said...

I laughed out loud; I'm sure he'll be a wonderful big brother...but boy, that was funny.