Tuesday, June 3, 2008

back and better than ever

okay, well, not sure about that, but I am returning home a darker shade of paste than when I left last Thursday.

We had a great time- just the quintessential summer wrapped up in one weekend- there was grilled hot dogs and home-made ice cream, mosquito bites and horseflies, swimming pools and sunburns, playtime in dirt and on playgrounds and in ever other imaginable spot on the campground and dominoes until the wee hours of the morning for the grown folk(okay, 12 AM is considered wee hours to me!). Adler's new favorite thing is swimming- he had so much fun. It was hard to come back home; that's for sure! I will post pics later.

The only downside to vacations is the physical let down I have when I get home. I spent 5 days training my body to expect chocolate every hour on the hour and now that I am home, my body is still expecting it as much. Its painful, it really is.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I understand the whole "paste" thing!! Glad ya'll had a good time!!

Laura Sue said...

Yay, welcome back! Can't wait to see pictures of Adler!