Monday, March 31, 2008

the housewife's pride and joy

So we finally broke down and bought a new dishwasher- its a bosch and its fantastic!! It has a santitizing feature and a half load feature and the best part- its so quiet you can hardly tell its running! Our previous dishwasher could only be run when we were sleeping or out of the house because it was so loud, so I am so excited!

We have been debating over the past few months whether or not we should move. Ultimately, we would like to be in a new or newer home, with a little less square footage and either in a neighborhood where we don't have to worry about its future or out of town a bit.
But, to do that would mean a higher house note, which would mean I would probably have to go back to work. We are not ready for that anytime in the near future, so we have decided to stay put. However, my one condition is to get rid of the floor in my kitchen and family room. For those of you who haven't seen my floors in those two rooms, they may be the ugliest floors ever. They are this terribly tacky 1970's faux pebble (I guess that was what they were going for, but its not really pebble color, more like a gravel color or something) laminate atrocities. So we are searching for floors now. I really do love our house- I feel like it has character and it fits our family well, except it is a pain to clean. But those floors, well, there is no love lost there. It was the one thing I wanted to do when we moved in the house and I am excited about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new dishwasher... and I can sympathize completely with the floor issue... one of my greatest fantasies is getting rid of this dark, dark, green carpet throughout our house...

Your home is delightful... and has wonderful character... I'm glad you decided to stay where you are for now... being a stay-at-home mommy is so much more important than anything else right now... and there is always good sense in not increasing your debt...

love you tons...

Rhonda said...

I love your house, Ashley.. Its soo homey and always smells so good. I think my favorite room is the living room.